1. Out of the first 75 natural numbers, what percentage of them have 7 either in the units place or the tens place?
2. The population of a town was 1,00,000 three years ago. If increased by 2%, 3% and 5% respectively in the last three years, then the present population of town is
3. In an election, the winning candidate got 58% of the valid votes. If he got 1600 votes more than the other candidate and 100 votes were invalid, find the number of votes cast.
4. Ganesh scored 93% in his exams. If he scored 84 marks less than the maximum marks. Find the maximum marks
5. Two students appeared at an examination. One of them secured 9 marks more than the other and his marks was 56% of the sum of their marks. The marks obtained by them are:
A.) 39, 33
B.) 41, 33
C.) 42, 33
D.) 43, 33
6. Let N be the greatest number that will divide 1305, 4665 and 6905, leaving the same remainder in each case. Then sum of the digits in N is:
7. Six bells commence tolling together and toll at intervals of 2, 4, 6, 8 10 and 12 seconds respectively. In 30 minutes, how many times do they toll together?
8. Find the greatest number that will divide 43, 91 and 183 so as to leave the same remainder in each case.
9. 7000 bricks were purchased for Rs.5740. The cost of transportation of these bricks to construction sight was Rs.805. What was the overall cost per thousand bricks?
D.) Rs. 654.50
10. Chamanlal purchased 20 dozen note books @ Rs.48 per dozen. He sold 8 dozen at 10% profit and the remaining12 dozens with 20% profit. What is the profit percentage in this transaction?
11. A ball pen factory decided to reduce its production by 10% over that of previous month for next 3 months starting from February 1999. In January 1999, it produced 3000 ball pens. How many ball pens were produced in March1999?
12. A customer purchased an office bag with a price tag of Rs.600 in a sale where 25% discount was being offered on the tag price. The customer was given a further discount of 10% on the amount arrived at after giving usual 25% discount. What was the final amount paid by the customer?
13. A fruit seller buys lemons at 2 for a rupee and sells them at 5 for three rupees. His gain per cent is
14. Rs.4800/- are divided among P,Q and R in such a way that the share of P is 5/11 of the combined share of Q and R. Thus, P gets:?
15. Rs.4800/- are divided among P,Q and R in such a way that the share of P is 5/11 of the combined share of Q and R. The share of Q is 3/13 of the combined share of R and P. Thus, R gets:?
16. Two vessels of equal volumes contains milk and water mixed in the ratio 1:2,2:3. When These mixtures are mixed to form a new mixture, what is the ratio of milk and water?
D.) None of these
17. What would be the compound interest on Rs.7700/- at 15 ¼% per annum for 2 years compounded annually
18. Certain sum becomes 3 times it self at compound interest in 10 years. In how many years it becomes 9 times?
A.) 25 years
B.) 27 years
C.) 30 years
D.) 20 years
19. Simple interest on a certain sum 16/25 of the sum. if both the rate of interest and time are same. then what is the rate of interest?
20. The integers 32489 and 33714, when divided by a three digit number “n”, leave the same remainder. What is the value of “n”?