10 Important Questions On Distance And Directions (Part-1) For SBI Clerical Canara Bank PO DMRC Railway Exam 2018
Directions: Study the following questions carefully and answer the questions given below.
1. One day Ravi left home and cycled 10 km south wards, turned right and cycled 5 km and turned right and cycled 10 km and turned left and cycled 10 km. how many kilometers will he have to cycle to reach his home straight ?
A. 10 km
B. 15 km
C. 20 km
D. 25 km
2. Kunal walks 10 km towards North. From there he walks 6 km towards South. Then, he walks 3 km towards East. How far and in which direction is he with reference to his starting point?
A. 5 km West
B. 7 km West
C. 7 km East
D. 5 km North-east
3. Tina drives 45 kms towards East, turns right and drives 65 kms, then turns left and drives 33 kms. In which direction is she facing now?
4. A man walks 15 metres south. Then turning to his right he walks 15 metres. Then turning to his left, he walks 10 metres. Again turns to his left and walks 15 metres. How far is he from his initial position?
A. 10 m
B. 25 m
C. 15 m
D. 60 m
5. One morning, Rita started to walk toward the sun. After walking a while, she turned to her left and again to her left. After walking a while, she again turned right. Which direction is she facing now?
6. Deepak walks 20 m towards North. He then turns left and walks 40 m. He again turns left and walks 20 m. Further he moves 20 m after turning to the right. How far is he from his original position?
A. 20 m
B. 60 m
C. 50 m
D. 30 m
7. A man is facing west. He turns 45° in the clockwise direction and then another 180° in the same direction and then 270° in the anti-clockwise direction. Which direction is he facing now?
8. A child is looking for his father. He went 90 metres in the east before turning to his right. He went 20 metres before turning to his right again to look for his father at his uncle’s place 30 metres from this point. His father was not there. From there, he went 100 metres to his north before meeting his father in a street. How far did the son meet his father from the starting point?
A. 80 m
B. 100 m
C. 140 m
D. 180 m
9. Point A is 30 m to the east of point B. Point C is 10 m to the south of point A. Point D is 15 m to the west of point C. Point E is exactly in the middle of the points D and F. Points D, E and F lie in a straight line. The length of the DEF is 20 m. Point F is to the north of point D. Point G is 15 m to the east of Point F. How far and in which direction is point G from point A?
A. 10 m, South
B. 15 m, North
C. 10 m, North
D. 10 m, East
10. Point F is 10 m to the South of E. Point G is 3 m to the East of F. Point H is 5 m to the South of G. Point I is 6 m to the West of H. Point J is 10 m to the North of I. Point K is 6 m to the East of J. Point L is 5 m to the North of K.
Which of the following represents the direction of point G with respect to point J?